Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Q & A #13

Q: When you talked about your senses being more alive or on fire - however you put it in your post about playing softball, do you compensate for your deafness in other senses like a blind person does?

A: Yes, I have compensated for a loss of a sense with my remaining senses. I pick up vibrations that people don't even feel. I smell scents/odors before others get a whiff of it. I notice things quickly because I am more aware of my surroundings. On the flip side, I can totally shut down and not notice at all that I'm oblivious to everything. That, is the rare event you can sneak up on me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question. Took you long enough. LOL What happens if you get a whiff of someone's B.O.?

DCHY said...

Anon - I got the question last week Friday. Didn't say when that question was asked. I posted my answer right away. Sorry if Formspring took forever to deliver.

As for your question, I thought about putting it on as Q & A #14, but I'll just answer it here.

If I get a whiff of someone's B.O., I am instantly turned off on that person. I don't want to know that person. EVER.

While at a theater, I could smell that male patron who was seated one row and one chair over from me...and he hadn't showered for few days. I had to ask my friend to move over so I could sit further away from him. Ugh!